How to Maintain Operational Consistency with Cloud, Web &
Mobile App based EAM while on the move
EAM & its usefulness
Enterprise Asset Management(EAM) optimizes business value by maintaining operational consistency. Operational consistency covers consistency in production, quality, processes, safety practices, regulatory compliances, work handover between teams with good & effective communication, delivering instant help to technicians and field work etc.
EAM does the central organization of the information. In addition to this, you can find the details regarding the availability and maintenance of the assets in the manufacturing sector. It focuses on centralizing information to facilitate and digitize maintenance management with automation and covers and manages the entire asset lifecycle from acquisition to disposal.
How does EAM work ?
- EAM makes it convenient for people to use the data on maintenance in their business. EAM comes with the following capabilities,
- Manages resources and labor: Track the availability of the labor and staff in the company by using the EAM software. It is ideal for all business houses- be it small, medium or large. The owner can check the presence of the employees in the company anytime, organize shifts.
- Preparing the registry of assets: It stores the information related to the assets, such as the hierarchy of assets, costs, availability, documentation, and registration. Location and position of the material that is available in the factory at any given moment can be captured and stored.
- Prepare the work orders & manage them: The main functions of the EAM include preparation of the work order number, order type, remedy codes, materials used, automation of the raw material management, and labor.
- Parts Management: Automation of spare part stock is becoming convenient for the staff to track all the records on time with minimum re-order level alerts which help in striking a balance for maintenance of stock levels. Accordingly, they can order the materials on the requirement of their business.
- Reporting and Analysis: You can generate the reports and do their proper analysis anytime with the help of the EAM. Details are available in the different categories, including assets, inventory availability, information regarding the assets, and material costs. Use all this available information anytime to decide on business expansion.
Faster Spare Dispatch
Innomaint provides the provision to store spares at customer location for quicker dispatch and faster fixes, Facility Managers can sanction spares on behalf of Customer Head. This may be helpful in cases were customer is not proficient with usage of the application.
Real-time precise asset tracking
Dashboard allows you to compare the outstanding maintenance tasks & breakdowns between any two customers and is customizable. You can drag and relocate individual widgets. Our EAM Software helps you to precisely identify the exact current location of an asset. This is especially useful to track assets that are frequently moved within the building or premises.
You can achieve all those with InnoMaint EAM.
The history behind the existence & use of the EAM
It wasn’t easy to do the asset and inventory management in the industries before the coming of the CMMS/EAM system. People buried all the essential information in the papers. At times, it becomes tough for them to locate the desired details for official purposes.
Now, things are becoming convenient for them with the help of the EAM. They can put all the information in the EAM software regarding the inventories, asset details, and work orders. The staff can check them anytime when they need time using Mobile app.
It saves their effort and time in maintaining all the information in a proper place. EAM has gained greater prevalence in middle-sized business ventures in the 1980-1990s. People can share all the details regarding the business with their team at the local networking system. Furthermore, it offers greater functionality, speedy implementation, easy-to-maintain things, and data security.
About the Author:
Nitin Gupta is a voracious reader and an even passionate writer. Having worked with numerous medical billing software and MNCs across the world, he really has very to the point and enthralling insights about the industry and the people working in them.
Nitin writes about technology and how it impacts various industries such as software blog pharma, hospitality, travel, and many other.